Vortex Diamondback Scope Review
Investing a couple hundred dollars or a couple thousand dollars on a rifle scope has always been a tough decision to make for gun enthusiasts. There are so many scopes on the market which promise so many good things especially when it comes to giving the rifle owner an overall experience of the scope usage, but do they live up to their promises?
For those who are professional shooters can probably easily tell the difference of high quality scopes to poorly made optics. But for beginners, you should look at reviews rather than advertisements before purchasing a rifle scope. When it comes to quality made optics, the more expensive the price doesn’t always mean you will get better quality scopes. Although price is a big purchase factor, it should not be the deciding factor when buying a scope for your shooting applications. This Vortex Diamondback 4-12×40 Riflescope Review will help you decide if purchasing this beginner scope for your rifle is the best choice.
Vortex Diamondback Product Features:
- DBK-04-BDC Reticle
- XR multi-layer coatings. Aircraft-grade aluminum. Precision-glide erector system.
- Waterproof and fog proof.
- Available in 2 magnifications: BDC and V-Plex. Specifications
- Magnification: 4-12x
- Objective lens diameter: 40 mm
- Eye relief: 3.1-3.4 inches.
- Made in China
- Great Field of View – As compared to other scopes in this price range like the Nikon and the Leupold, this gives you a greater field of view. Its field of view is 4-11.3 feet/100 yards. With adjustment graduation of 1/4 MOA and maximum elevation adjustment of 60 MOA. Its maximum windage adjustment is 60 MOA. Parallax setting is 100 yards. Because of this, it is best for hunting, shooting and targeting varmints at varying ranges. You can easily focus on your target with its fast focused eyepiece.
- Lightweight but durable – One of the many reasons why rifle owners buy this is because of its weight. It only weighs 14.6 ounces. You can hardly feel the added weight once this is installed on the rifle. A scope this light is a great accessory for rifles used for fast paced shooting or varmint hunting. Although it is lightweight it is also durable under all conditions. The argon gas on this scope does not react chemically to water which makes it eliminate internal fogging. You can therefore take it with you in all weather conditions.
- Great value for scopes in its price range – As a scope made in China, this is definitely affordable. It only costs a few hundred bucks. Although it doesn’t have complicated features needed by a professional shooter, it gives you the needed accuracy for long range shooting. It won’t have wifi, geotagging, video recording or night vision capability as seen on some night vision scopes, but will definitely be reliable in all basic hunting applications.
- Glass gives a bright and clear view – You can never get a clear line of sight if the glass installed on the scope is not made of quality material. For an inexpensive scope like this you will expect glass with lesser crispness, but surprisingly enough you still will have a crisp and clear image of your target even at 12x magnification.
This vortex diamond scope is highly recommended for people who have varmints to take care of in their estate. With its large field of you, you can easily look for a moving target a 100 yards away without removing your eye on the scope. Both professionals and beginners love this scope because of its simplicity, affordability and clear line of sight needed in fast paced shooting. What makes this scope a favorite of gun enthusiasts though is the value for money. It doesn’t give you many complicated features for tactical operations but will never fail you at mid range magnifications or even full range magnification. The only complain most users have about this scope is the eye relief but other than that it is a great buy.
This vortex diamond back scope review should be able to help beginners and pros alike who are looking for an affordable and yet reliable scope. Read More Owner Reviews Here⇒